The offerWorking at Marel means working at a multinational company with many opportunities to develop yourself, take responsibility and show initiative. Among other things, Marel offers the following conditions:
- Working at the world market leader in food processing systems
- Be part of a professional, talented (and well-trained) team
- Working within a highly innovative and high-tech environment
- Plenty of room for own initiative and responsibility and the chance to develop yourself further
- An organisation with the characteristics: informal working atmosphere, 'hands-on' mentality, short communication lines and ownership
- A fantastic unique workplace (in Boxmeer), which also offers room for inspiration and relaxation
- A representative salary, a good bonus scheme, 42 days off and excellent fringe benefits
- The internal job title of this position at Marel is 'Industry Sales Manager (ISM)'
Boxmeer, the Netherlands
Our clientMarel is an international leading supplier of advanced processing systems and services within the (red) meat, poultry, and fish industries. Together with their clients, they are transforming the way their food is produced. Marel's vision is a world where high-quality food is produced sustainably and affordably. The state-of-the-art machines and systems assist food producers across various markets and sizes to operate successfully. Globally, over 8000 employees work for various Marel brands. Operating from approximately 30 countries and a network of more than 100 agents and distributors. Marel is characterized by the values of unity, innovation, and excellence.
You will be working for Marel Poultry, focusing on designing, producing, and installing machinery for the poultry processing industry. They are the global market leader and trendsetter in this field. In addition to their facilities in Boxmeer (Netherlands), Dongen (Netherlands), Gardabaer (Iceland), Arhus (Denmark), and Gainesville (USA, Georgia), they have local offices or production facilities in many other countries.
Job descriptionThe Area Sales Manager is responsible for selling innovative and complex projects. These are projects related to the complete set-up of poultry processing for customers (poultry processors). These extensive projects have a high value, long lead times and complex (sales) processes.
Your main duties and responsibilities include:
- Managing the entire sales process; market research and market analysis, drawing up a sales plan for your region, conducting acquisition and sales interviews, negotiating and ultimately closing deals
- Further developing, managing and directing a high-quality international agent network and supporting and training the local account manager
- Working closely with the Regional Sales Director
- Based on your own (sales) strategy, responsible for realising your commercial objectives
- Researching and determining customer needs and translating these into successful opportunities
- Working closely with the sales engineers and technology to realise internal support with the objective of offering the best (custom-made) (total) solution
- Contributing to the growth strategy and development of the organisation, thereby further expanding Marel Poultry's current position
- Participating in (inter)national trade fairs and receiving clients in Boxmeer
- At least completed HBO education, in a technical direction (preferably mechanical engineering)
- Experience in a similar position in a similar environment (minimum 2 years and maximum 7-10 years)
- Demonstrable technical skill, knowledge and ability (mechanical engineering)
- 5 to maximum 10-12 years (international) experience in capital equipment sales
- Internationally oriented and interested and willing to travel (50% international)
- Experience within food mechanical engineering is a plus
- Analytical, sharp and driven to get to the heart of the matter
- Communicative skills at various levels, problem-solving and listening ability
- Energetic, down-to-earth and pragmatic
- Result-oriented, entrepreneurial and independent
- The desire, ambition and thus investment to further develop oneself
- Speaks (and writes) in addition to Dutch (at least) very good English
Get in touch with us
REP is not just our name, it is a feeling. A feeling of determination, empowerment and success. We share this feeling with our clients and professionals so that they feel supported and inspired in their pursuit of growth and fulfilment. With us, it's not only about what we can offer, but also about what we can learn from you. We are open to new ideas, fresh perspectives and unique talents. That is why we would like to hear more from you.
Get in touch with us and send us an email!