The Manager Sales is responsible for the commercial and technical aspects (proposals and orders) within the Reciprocating Compressor Value Stream. You are capable to manage a team of experienced sales and proposal staff. With your sales and management skills, you are able to let the business grow and make the business profitable by managing the Reciprocating Compressor Sales and proposals in a global market place. You are an experienced sales professional who is able to work in a multicultural environment dealing with challenges. As a people manager, you are solid, convincing, down to earth, practical and solution-oriented. One of the main objectives of this position is to align the product global strategy along regional operations worldwide. Your key responsibilities:
- Key Account sales in the USA
- Managing a team of 3 Sales Managers and 2 Proposal Managers
- Identifying market developments and testing new products and services to be developed against the market
- Selecting, appointing and maintaining contacts with agents
- Create alignment with the global Howden strategy in the sales strategy and sales execution and drive cooperation with the regional Howden locations
- Initiate and implement improvement initiatives in line with the strategic direction
- Reporting to management on results: Forecast, funnel, market developments
- MSc or BSc degree in business or engineering
- At least 5 years’ experience in sales in a technical environment
- Experience in Project Terms & Conditions
- Technical knowlegde on compressors is preferred but not required
- Experienced with Stakeholder Management
- People manager with a focus on talent
- Ability to create a winning atmosphere
- Fluent in English (spoken and written), including reporting skills
- Willing to travel internationally (50%)
Howden offers you an important impactful strategic position in a multinational environment. You will have a lot of freedom to act, you can show your entrepreneurship, you will be part of an international and ambitious team, a big challenge and above all, the opportunity to really make a difference and have impact on the business.
- Working with a team of top talents
- Working for a global player
- Diversifying and changing environment/markets
- Proven performance will lead to interesting possibilities for personal growth and career development
- Excellent salary package
The recruitment and selection is exclusively provided by REP Recruitment.
REP Recruitment is HR partner for technical and industrial companies in the Benelux and Germany in the field of Board of Directors, Management and Senior Commercial level. Our service consists; Search for professionals and Interim Management.
For more information, please contact Harrie Hidding +3185- 086 1040/ +316 -30629170 (also outside office hours).
A personality analysis is part of the process.
Howden is a leading global provider of mission critical air and gas handling products and services to the industrial, power, oil & gas, and mining industries. Howden has a 160 year heritage as a world-class application engineering and manufacturing company with a presence in 32 countries. Howden manufactures highly engineered fans, compressors, heat exchangers, steam turbines, and other air and gas handling equipment, and provides service and support to customers around the world in highly diversified end-markets and geographies. Howden Centrifugal and Reciprocating compressors (HCR) is a specialist supplier of tailor-made gas compression equipment to various industries. Their products have made a valuable difference for their clients for the past 100 years. HCR (230 employees) has plants in Rheden (The Netherlands), Nogent-sur-Oise (France) and Prague (Czech Republic).