The challenge of the Project Execution Leader is to accelerate the continuous improvement of the engineering processes, to create an international and open mind-set and realize state of the art engineering practices, optimal execution processes and a culture that embraces change. One of the main objectives of this position is to carry out an evaluation and assessment of current engineering practices, development of an improvement plan around methodology & tools and implement actions that lead to a significant improvement of Howden’s processes. Your key responsibilities:
- Drive continuous improvement and multi-disciplinary teamwork within the team
- Deliver improvement on On-Time Delivery, forecasting accuracy, variances, Risk & Opportunity Management and monitoring of KPI’s
- Realization of significant lead-time reduction of engineering processes
- Active and future oriented people leadership that leads to an optimal support of the business now and in the future
- Coach and develop the talented and ambitious engineering department
- Has clear overview, good grip and a helicopter view (no surprises, staying on track, meeting milestones/ deliverables, results count)
- Inspiring to work with. It should be clear to all department engineers from day one why he/ she was hired
As Howden considers active talent management as key to the success of its organization, they offer opportunities for personal and professional development. Of course, depending on attitude, professionalism and results.
- Bachelor or master degree, preferable a MSc in Mechanical Engineering or Process Engineering
- At least 10 years’ experience in leading technical teams in multidisciplinary environments
- Technical engineering knowlegde is preferred
- Experienced with Stakeholder Management
- People manager with a focus on talent
- Capability and experience in transforming processes not only on conceptual level but also by implementing concrete actions and results
- Fluent in English (spoken and written), including reporting skills
- Develops employees and organization to an even higher level, adds knowledge
- Switches (easily) between strategy and 'day to day' business
- Willing to travel internationally (10%)
Howden offers you an important impactful strategic position in a multinational environment. You will have a lot of freedom to act, you can show your entrepreneurship, you will be part of an international and ambitious team, a big challenge and above all, the opportunity to really make a difference and have impact on the business.
- Working with a team of top talents
- Working for a global player
- Diversifying and changing environment/markets
- Proven performance will lead to interesting possibilities for personal growth and career development
- Excellent salary package
The recruitment and selection is exclusively provided by REP Recruitment.
REP Recruitment is HR partner for technical and industrial companies in the Benelux and Germany in the field of Board of Directors, Management and Senior Commercial level. Our service consists of Search for professionals and Interim Management.
For more information, please contact Harrie Hidding, +3185- 086 1040/ +316 -30629170 (also outside office hours).
A personality analysis is part of the process.
Howden is a leading global provider of mission critical air and gas handling products and services to the industrial, power, oil & gas, and mining industries. Howden has a 160 year heritage as a world-class application engineering and manufacturing company with a presence in 32 countries. Howden manufactures highly engineered fans, compressors, heat exchangers, steam turbines, and other air and gas handling equipment, and provides service and support to customers around the world in highly diversified end-markets and geographies. Howden Centrifugal and Reciprocating compressors (HCR) is a specialist supplier of tailor-made gas compression equipment to various industries. Their products have made a valuable difference for their clients for the past 100 years. HCR (230 employees) has plants in Rheden (The Netherlands), Nogent-sur-Oise (France) and Prague (Czech Republic).